Requirements: A Bachelor of Science degree in Structural Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of work experience and shall be a licensed engineer.
- Individuals assigned to this classification will perform engineering calculations and must be able to layout and design systems in accordance with established policies, standards, procedures, code an shall exercise judgement in their application with minimal to no supervision.
- Individuals should be able to apply practical knowledge and experience in their field to resolve problems and conflicts related to the projects assigned to them. Individuals should be capable of independent decision-making for engineering tasks on the projects assigned to them.
- Individuals may occasionally supervise subordinate personnel, or assist other engineers or designers.
- Knowledge of discipline specific codes and other building codes.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good leadership skills to educate client on design and other project requirements.
- Meet with the Project Engineer and the Project Manager to discuss the design scope, schedule, budge, phasing, site issues, and design review issues.
- Work with Project Manager and Project Engineer to prepare design budgets and schedules.
- Estimate discipline man-hours required to complete the design requirements of a project.
- Provide leadership and assign design job functions to designated designers and supervise their efforts in completing the project on time and within budget.
- Implement system types as selected by the Project Engineer and provide complete construction documents that match the client and project team’s requirements.
- Review preliminary and final engineering design with other disciplines for function, clearances, coordination, and final design selection. Perform a final review of the engineering drawings.
- Client Contact.
- Perform quality assurance on projects in coordination with Technical Manager or Project Engineer.
- Mentor and motivate Engineering Designers I, II, and III.
- Set high standards, professional integrity and seeks for the company and client best interest.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Additional duties as required.
|Job Type||Engineering Designer|
|Job Location||Orlando, FL|
This post was written by CP Voice