Cuhaci & Peterson is seeking an Engineering Designer to join its growing team in Orlando, FL. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 6 years of experience is required. EIT preferable.
- Attend preliminary job meetings and helps evaluate scope of work performed. Independently prepares or directs preparation of system layout, detail drawings, schematics and specifications with minimum supervision.
- Performs calculations and design engineering systems.
- Provides technical information and assistance to project engineer or team leader. Makes recommendations as to the feasibility of certain systems or equipment and evaluate products for their application.
- Assists final plan checking.
- Respond to RFI’s.
- Respond to code comments and resolve permit issues with code officials/AHJ.
- Assists in resolving construction conflicts and answers questions from contractors and bidders.
- Coordinate design work with other disciplines.
- Contact various public utility company personnel to coordinate mechanical and electrical utilities for a project.
- Review shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications.
- Performs job site inspections and is responsible for thorough and competent field installations that meets the plans and specifications.
- Completes project “punch list” and assists in resolving any conflicts between owner and contractor.
- Mentor Engineering Designers I and II.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Additional duties as required.
- Must be able to layout and design systems in accordance with established policies, standards, procedures, code while exercising judgment in their application.
- Able to apply practical knowledge and experience in their field to resolve problems and conflicts related to the projects assigned to them.
- Capable of independent decision-making for engineering tasks on the projects assigned to them.
- Proficient in AutoCAD. Revit preferred.
- Capable of researching and writing reports/opinions.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Active listening skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
Cuhaci & Peterson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cuhaci & Peterson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
|Job Type||Technical - Engineering|
|Job Location||Orlando, FL|
This post was written by CP Voice